Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Learning profile

A gestalt learner with an L profile.

Profile L is thought to be Albert Einstein's profile as well. As a gestalt learner, I learn best when I am sitting in the front row or table of the class. I learn best through moving around the classroom and sometimes I have to talk my work through with a teacher or someone else in my class. This will help me get more ideas and I am able to concentrate better.
I am at a great disadvantage when I am under stress as my mind goes blank and I have trouble communicating, listening and sometimes seeing. When I'm relaxed, however, I can more easily see, hear and communicate the details of a piece of work and I do a better job on the piece of assignment.
Some things that would help me in class and outside is sitting somewhere where there is not much noise around me and somewhere where I can move without disturbing others and vice versa. Sometimes, however, depending on the kind of assignment given, I prefer talking in small groups of people that I work well with and discussing the piece of work and also getting ideas from those people. Some activities that would help me concentrate in class are Lazy 8's and the Thinking Cap from Brain Gym. I also concentrate better when there is music on. I, also , work best when I am seperated from my friends even though I do tend to always go toward my friends.
I want my teachers to know that I am trying my hardest in class and on homework even though sometimes I don't get the grade that I want. I also think that my teachers have to know that I get nervous to talk in class in front of the class and to ask questions when in doubt and this is what I have to work on for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment